All members of the technologically superior Phonak Ambra family have been designed with size in mind: every model is smaller than Phonak Exelia by approximately 25%. Phonak managed to achieve that feat without compromising Ambra’s power – in fact, it is more than twice as powerful as its predecessor.
Being the high end hearing aid, Phonak Ambra is full of features that are supposed to create exquisite hearing experience. The most impressive function is the binaural communication of the two hearing aids within the set, which allowed for creation of most advanced features.
The most notable enhancements of Phonak Ambra include:
- StereoZoom: state of the art use of binaural processing technology based on gathering the input from all four microphones located on two hearing instruments within a set. It enables localization of the main source of sound and narrowing the focus on a single speaker, simultaneously suppressing all the other sounds.
- AutoZoomControl: innovation made possible only after the implementation of the Spice chip and its advanced system of binaural processing. It automatically determines the position of the speaker and focuses on their speech, making it possible to understand them, even when facing another direction.
- FlexControl: the user’s way of interacting with his hearing device. It enables the wearer to adjust the parameters in various environments, giving him the opportunity to enhance his hearing experience.
For the additional ease of use and adjustment, Phonak Ambra comes with a remote control – Phonak PilotOne. It was also created small, but is able to handle all the important features of Ambra.
But apart from the brand-new abilities of Ambra, it is also equipped with a whole list of improved versions of already existing features, present in earlier models:
- SoundRecover – Adds clarity to the heard sounds, enhancing the understanding
- WhistleBlock – Eliminates any feedback, assuring comfort of hearing
- DuoPhone – Allows for streaming the phone signal to both hearing instruments, resulting in stereo hearing
- SoundFlow Premium – Offers constant and instant optimization in changing environments, adjusting the parameters as necessary
- Real Ear Sound – Brings the wearer closer to the natural hearing by improving sound orientation
- NoiseBlock Premium – Enables suppression of any eventual background noise for increased comfort
- WindBlock – Eliminates wind noise
- EchoBlock – Allows for good hearing and understanding in echo prone environments
- SoundRelax – Additional elimination of annoying sounds
- Acoustically Optimized Vent (AOV) – Minimises occlusion
- QuickSync – Makes it possible to control two instruments with just one touch