Children that suffer from hearing problems have different needs when comparing with adults. We can say that a child will hear different sound types and this happens as they learn how to develop language and speech skills. There are many changing needs that appear in classroom and social environments. We can say that all children that have hearing loss will need special hearing aids that are especially designed for this purpose. Siemens Explorer is one of those devices and we can say that it is actually one of the best at the moment. We are in front of the only hearing aid family that was only created for children. The main was to create a gadget that will help a child and that can meet all requirements during childhood.
Features and Technology
The Siemens Explorer 500 P and 500 M stand out as perfect for a small ear and include features that are really sophisticated and will help children in understanding what is happening around them. They are definitely versatile and can be adapted to educational challenges and changing social environments. To make everything even better, we are in front of a device that is also safe and has some features that are designed for this special purpose. You will definitely appreciate the safe battery doors that the child cannot get to and the push buttons, which are really hard for any baby to bite off or break. The hearing aids will show nanocoating so that dirt, debris and moisture are basically repelled before damage can appear. All Siemens Explorer hearing aids are compatible with FM systems and this allows the child to have much better results in the classroom. The audiologist can modify or disable features based on the special needs of each child.
- SoundSmoothing – An industry first. This feature will soften the impact of impulse sounds like breaking glass or rustling paper
- Noise and Speech Management – Background noise is automatically reduced so comfort is much higher when faced with a noisy environment.
- Directional Microphone Systems – This will improve the understanding of speech even when faced with different hard situations like an animated dinner.
- E2e Wireless 2.0 – Binaural listening is offered due to synchronization between different advanced signal processing features. The devices will be controlled simultaneously.
- eWindscreen – This will basically reduce the noise that is caused by wind. Most gadgets on the market cannot do this.
- Data Logging – This is highly important for audiologists. Data is stored and it will allow the doctor to basically fix different settings really fast.
- FeedbackBlocker – The feature will help in getting rid of any feedback whistling.
- Tek – An optional enhancement system that is wireless and will help all children to connect directly to favorite gadgets. You can thus have the child listen to music from an MP3 player, use laptops, connect with mobile phones and a whole lot more.
- ProPocket – This is basically a remote control that comes with large buttons that are very conveniently arranged. You will thus gain easy access to all of the important functions and use it like a remote control.
- ePen – an optional pen like remote that you can easily carry around with you. You can use it instead of ProPocket when you are in social environments.